The Importance of an AC Tune-up
According to www.energystar.gov, a yearly tune-up of your heating and cooling system can improve efficiency and comfort and pre-season check-ups can prevent future problems and unwanted costs. While there are certainly some steps that you can and should take to maintain your air conditioning system, such as regularly changing or cleaning the filters, it’s best to leave the tune-up process to a qualified HVAC professional. A trained air conditioning specialist can troubleshoot for potential problems while performing the necessary checks and maintenance activities. A professional contractor will also be familiar with your particular brand and model, and may be able to offer specific suggestions for optimum operational efficiency.
Here are some things you can expect from your specialist during a complete air conditioning tune-up:
• Inspect coolant levels and pressure
• Calibrate thermostat(s) and check proper cycle and temperature
• Inspect and tighten wiring, contacts, capacitors and relay
• Ensure the evaporator coil is clean
• Ensure the condensate drain is clear
• Inspect and clean the condenser
• Inspect the outdoor disconnect
• Inspect the condenser fan motor and blades; lubricate if needed
• Check compressor amps at startup
• Perform additional safety and efficiency checks, as needed
There are many benefits to an air conditioning tune up. Although the tune up costs money, the money you save throughout the season more than makes up for it. On top of this, regular maintenance will prolong the life of your system and safeguard against inconvenient air conditioning breakdowns.
Schedule your tune-up today!
For more AC tips this season, check us out on Facebook!