How to Save on Your Energy Bill During Summer Vacation
Are you looking forward to some rest and relaxation time with your family this summer? Maybe you plan on temporarily escaping your daily routine by taking in some new scenery and enjoying some new scenery.
You’re not the only one who can use a vacation – your major appliances can use a well-deserved break too. Plus, this short-lived hiatus can lead to a welcomed savings on your utility bills. Enjoy your vacation knowing you’ll be keeping some extra money in your pocket. In addition, your home benefits too with a decreased risk of potential accidents while you are away.
Here are some energy-savvy saving strategies to prepare your home for vacation and save money on utility bills:
- Ask a trusted friend or neighbor to keep an eye on your home. Provide them with your emergency contact information and a spare key. The last thing you need is for a malfunctioning HVAC system to flood your home while no one is home.
- Unplug all small appliances and electronic devices. They waste energy and can create a potential electrical hazard.
- Safeguard your home from unforeseen water damage by turning off water valves to the dishwasher, washing machine, sinks and toilets. No one wants to come back to a home with mold after a relaxing vacation
- Place the water heater in vacation mode.
- Adjust the thermostat to a less comfortable temperature than you would normally enjoy, but one that is still safe for your pets/plants. Customers who do not have plants or pets can opt to turn off their unit completely.
Following these steps prior to your departure will ensure your time away was well-spent and budget-friendly. Peace of mind is priceless when you have a friend to address problems that arise while you are away. Paradise awaits for those who minimize their risk of heating, air and water issues through preparation.
Beat the heat and schedule your seasonal maintenance with Alps before summer vacation arrives. Visit our website to schedule your maintenance visit.